Author, entrepreneur, public speaker and industry leader
Colin Milner is CEO of the International Council on Active Aging and founder of the active-aging industry in North America. Milner is also a leading authority on the health and well-being of the older adult, and has been recognized by the World Economic Forum as one of "the most innovative and influential minds" in the world on aging-related topics.
An award-winning writer, Milner has authored more than 300 articles. He has been published in such journals as Global Policy, and the Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics. He also contributed a chapter to the World Economic Forum book Global Population Ageing: Peril or Promise?
Milner's speeches have stimulated thousands of business and government leaders, industry professionals & older adults worldwide.
Whether Fortune 100 companies or governmental organizations, Milner’s efforts have inspired a broad spectrum of groups to seek his counsel, include amongst these:
- WHO Global Network on Long-term care
- WHO Clinical Consortium on Healthy Ageing
- World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on Aging
- White House Conference on Aging
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Administration on Aging
- National Institute on Aging
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Canadian Minister of State (Seniors)
- The Canadian Minister of State (Finance)
- Canadian Special Senate Committee on Aging
- European Commission
- Informal Meeting of the European Union Ministers of Sport
- National Health Services - Scotland
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- WEF Think Tank: Preparing for Prosperous Longevity in Asia
- World Economic Forum Expert Networking
- Shanghai Forum
- Korean Association of Products and Services for Senior Citizens
- 4th International Strategy Conference on Safety and Health at Work
- Vancouver Olympic Committee
- BC Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport
- International Federation on Ageing (Hub Team)
- Decade on Healthy Ageing Steering Committee
- International Standards Organization (ISO)
- Cornell University Climate Change and Aging Initiative
- Deloitte Life Sciences & Health Care
- Ernst and Young
- New Balance
- Leprino Foods
- Apple, Inc.
- Foreign Policy Magazine
Milner's tireless efforts have leading-edge publications, television networks and radio stations seeking his insights. Among these are: CNN, US News & World Report, Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Dow Jones Market Watch, Money Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, WebMD, The National Post, Globe and Mail, Parade Magazine, & Fox Business Radio.