Author, entrepreneur, public speaker and industry leader
Colin Milner is CEO of the International Council on Active Aging and founder of the active-aging industry in North America. Milner is also a leading authority on the health and well-being of the older adult. The World Economic Forum's Network of Global Agenda Councils recognized him as one of "the most innovative and influential minds" in the world on aging-related topics. Milner served on the council for six years.
An award-winning writer, Milner has authored more than 300 articles. He is a Contributing Blogger to the US Department of Health and Human Services' Be Active Your Way Blog, and has been published in such journals as Global Policy. He also contributed a chapter to the book Global Population Ageing: Peril or Promise? published by the Forum in 2012.
Milner's speeches have stimulated thousands of business and government leaders, industry professionals and older adults worldwide. In Canada, he hosts the Age-friendly BC Community video series released by the British Columbia Ministry of Health.
Milner's efforts have inspired a broad spectrum of groups to seek his counsel, including:
- The Canadian Minister of State (Seniors)
- The Informal Meeting of the European Union Ministers of Sport
- European Commission
- Progress Towards Healthy Ageing in Europe
- The World Economic Forum's Global Risk Network
- The World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on Aging Society
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Administration on Aging
- National Institute on Aging, one of the US National Institutes of Health
- Canadian Special Senate Committee on Aging
- The Canadian Minister of State (Finance)
- Vancouver Olympic Committee
- British Columbia Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport
- White House Conference on Aging 2005 (along with a Vision Paper for the event)
- Shanghai Forum
In 2010, the Canadian Fitness Professional Association awarded Milner with its "Lifetime Achievement Award" for his contributions to the Canadian fitness industry. His tireless efforts have leading-edge publications, television networks and radio stations seeking his insights. Among these outlets are: CNN, US News and World Report, Newsweek, BBC World Update, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The Guardian, Dow Jones Market Watch, Money Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, WebMD, The National Post, Globe and Mail, Parade Magazine, Boston Globe and Fox Business Radio.